So this isn’t an educational post but it was too delicious not to share!!!
I love baking when I feel like I have the time, so making this Christmas cake was great. It also tasted amazing! I have decided to make another one for New Years too!
I soaked sultanas in a bottle (yup a full bottle!) of sherry. After a week or so I added some Jamaican rum not too much! I left this soaking for 2 weeks in total, the rest of it is still there in the fridge ready to be baked!
- 250g (9oz) butter
1. Pre heat the oven to gas mark 3 (160c). Place the butter and sugar into a large mixing bowl. Use an electric mixer to mix until smooth.
2. Gradually add in the eggs and a little bit of flour if it starts to curdle.
3. Stir in the flour and spices. I added cinnamon, nutmeg and glacé cherries too!
4. Spoon out the mixture into a large cake tin
5. Place in the oven and bake for up to 60 mins. Smell the delicious flavours as it bakes!
6. Leave to cool down and taste the delicious cake! You may decorate it but I didn’t think it was needed!🤣 I added custard to mine for a great Christmas Day dessert.
Do you bake for Christmas Day?